The Literacy Box is a complete English programme that aims to consolidate pupils' comprehension, grammar, writing andspelling skills.
The Literacy Box can help you in your classroom today, assisting you to:
• teach twelve comprehension strategies including inference, finding information, fact and opinion through fiction and non-fiction texts.
• teach the correct grammar terminology.
• teach the meanings of prefixes and root words.
• allow your pupils to practise with questions that are in the format of the new papers.
Progression Guides will indicate where to start your pupils in the box and pupil progress can be monitored using the assessments. Download the Progression Guides here. Working through these cards will lead to increased confidence when sitting a test as pupils will have had consistent practice with the key terminology.
What's in the box?
• 75 cards divided into 15 colour coded sections.
• Each colour coded section has 5 cards.
• Teachers Guide containing 200+ pages of supplementary material. • Progression Guide.
• 75 answer cards.
Great resources and question stems, easy to pick and choose to tailor to a child's needs.Dawn Ryder, English Leader/Teacher
Teaching Assistants in school are using box 3 and are finding it brilliant for intervention as it gives them the grammar aspect as well as the comprehension side.Sarah Cadogan, Deputy Head Teacher
Lots of good quality pick-up-and-go activities.Dave Marks