New Wave Mental Maths
New Wave Mental Maths is a school-wide series that aims to strengthen pupils’ mental maths abilities; essential skills that underpin effective interaction with all aspects of the maths curriculum and problem solving situations.
- A 40-week programme divided into a convenient Monday to Friday daily format. Designed for daily use in the classroom or as a structured, consistent homework, with enough material for the whole school year.
- Aims to develop fluency in the basics of mathematics: huge emphasis is placed on daily computation/table practice to ensure quick and accurate mental recall of key number facts.
- Sequential development and consolidation of core maths concepts and precise maths language used throughout for pupils to regularly encounter and understand the vocabulary of maths.
- Ensures pupils meet all areas of the curriculum on a regular basis. Constant contact with number, measures, shape and data helps ensure links and connections develop in the pupils’ mathematical knowledge.
- Problem-solving in both pictorial and word format aiming to encourage pupils to practise problem-solving strategies mentally.
- Contains a strong assessment component (pupil record sheet) which allows pupils evaluate their progress each week.
- Ideal for private tutors and parents wanting to help boost their child's mathematical performance (seperate to schoolwork).
2-week FREE Sample Workbooks are available below:
England / Wales click here
Scotland / N. Ireland click here
Here is what you get:
2-week daily worksheets with answers for Year 2 to Year 6 and Primary 3 to Primary 7.
2-week assessments to test progress.
Fun and engaging mental maths activities to boost maths knowledge.