Teaching Comprehension Strategies
Teaching Comprehension Strategies is a series of seven books, each designed to guide pupils through their comprehension development.
The Teaching Comprehension Strategies series methodically and creatively teaches pupils the strategies and skills needed for effective comprehension and prepares them for the next stage of comprehension development.
- Contemporary photocopiable series that methodically and creatively teaches pupils the strategies and skills needed for effective comprehension
- Twelve strategies covered: understanding words, finding information, identifying main idea, sequencing, comparing, predicting, concluding, summarising, inferring, cause and effect, fact or opinion, point of view
- Original fiction and non fiction texts, customised to suit the strategy being taught
- Each strategy taught through modelling and followed by practice and independent activities
- Test page provided for each strategy to aid assessment
- Detailed teachers notes for each strategy, including answers
- Seven book series to cover the whole primary age range