BrainSnack© is a problem-solving resource that contains 300 carefully graded maths problem-solving cards, which focus on guiding pupils towards a strategic approach to solving problems.
- emphasises logical thinking, deductive reasoning, analytical skills and making decisions about which operations and strategies to use to effectively solve problems
- excellent way for pupils to make connections in mathematics between the sections on number, shape, space and measures while applying this mathematical knowledge to a range of problems from a variety of contexts (a central aim stressed in the Mathematics Curriculum)
- problems are presented visually using colourful, appealing pictures with simple and uncluttered language
- generates rich discussions where pupils use precise mathematical language and vocabulary to explain and justify their reasoning and methods
- can be used individually, in small groups or with a whole class (interactive whiteboard) all at the discretion of the teacher
- helpful for SATs and other assessment approaches providing practice in dealing with various question formats found on such tests
- includes a digital edition, enabling the teacher to present the cards to a large group via a projector, personal computer or interactive whiteboard